Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Surprise Metamorphosis



I haven't joined in on Susan's Met Monday in a very long time. Mostly because there aren't too many changes that take place when one has lived in a home for 29 years. Welllll, maybe there has BUT this one was definitely worth blogging about.

I was in a interior design shop early last week,mainly to get some fresh ideas. However, I came upon a pair of chairs that I absolutely fell in love with. My husband had been talking for quite some time that he wanted two new chairs in his at "home office" and I told him about these gorgeous red leather chairs that I had seen earlier in the week. Now keep in mind that I use red throughout my house in my decorating scheme frequently and I had only casually mentioned them to him so I thought. He decided to go take a look at them.

This was the before.



The plaid chairs looked great with the drapes, so I thought.





I have had these chairs for many years and have had them recovered many times but apparently my husband didn't care for them in his at "home office". BUT he loved this gorgeous pair of chairs that I had casually mentioned to him.





The leather is so soft and they are very comfortable to sit in.




He even bought a beautiful side table to go between the two of them and guess what, it fits right in with my decorating scheme.



They even fit right in with the color scheme of the adjoining foyer which has a red and cream toile wall covering. The best part is that it makes a beautiful bold statement as one enters our home since it is the first thing you see when you walk through the front door.



To say that I was in shock over the "happenings" of this past Saturday and what my husband surprised me with even though it is HIS at "home office" is an under statement. It still makes a fabulous bold statement as you enter our home and I couldn't have been more pleased.



My next project will be to tweak all the side tables but that is a good thing. The down side to this is that he seems to think that he can see clients more often in our home now that he has made his at "home office" more to his liking. I'm not sure how I feel about that????? BTW, that is Miss Scarlet, my Cavelier King Charles Spaniel, on the floor appearing to be napping. She is waiting for me to leave because she likes those leather chairs too????

This sudden change in our home did make for a great Met Monday post so I thought. Please join Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for other wonderful Met Monday posts.

7 comments:

  1. Carolyn -- those chairs are awesome! But I like the plaid ones, too! Surely, they will find another home somewhere? The small change is a BIG change!!!!! I like very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and so plush looking !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red leather. Your husband has great taste (for a man!). You should drop more hints, maybe he'll listen! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer the gorgeous plaid chairs, but I do see a man preferring the masculine red leather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pink plaid chairs!! They are to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a surprise that must have been! I am a firm believer in advice 'be careful what you wish for..........' because I don't know how the Great Dane would do in the decorating field!

    ReplyDelete