Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Has Come and Gone

It has been several months since I have posted on my blog but I couldn't let the time go by without posting some of my Christmas photos.

I have a passion for setting a beautiful table but more importantly putting together flower arrangements is a great stress release for me. This year I set my Christmas dinner table and made my flower arrangement on Christmas Eve after I had prepped dinner. I was ready for the arrival of my family and guests.



To either side of the flower arrangement I used mercury glass votive candle holders.



The dining room is painted a cherry red and one would think that I would down play the red and I usually do but this year I used a gorgeous red damask tablecloth from William Sonoma and I loved the way it looked with all the red. This photo shows one of two salt and pepper cellars that I found at an antique show many years ago. I place one at each end of the table. They are early 1800's pieces. The flatware is hotel silver and the china is Spode Christmas Tree.



Behind the dining room table is my antique sideboard and I placed three glitzy red trees in different sizes on it with one of my Santa's from my collection of Santa's.




At each child's setting I used silver snowmen napkin rings. At all other place settings I used antique silver napkin rings that I have collected over the past few years.



At the end of the dining room is French doors and I hung on each one freeze dried boxwood wreaths. I will be able to use these boxwood wreaths throughout the year and changing the ribbons depending on the holiday if I wanted to use them. I thought they were a good purchase.








Christmas has come and gone but I was very pleased with my Christmas tablesetting this year.



4 comments:

  1. Carolyn -- a beautiful table. Love those salt and peppers and the wreaths are just perfect! Your flower arrangements are superb -- but they always are.

    I hope you and yours had the merriest of Christmases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all beautiful!

    Blessings for the New Year,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. a beautiful table. Love those salt and peppers

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete