Wednesday, June 7, 2017

How time does go by!!!!!

It seems to go by so very quickly these days but oh how I wish I could make it stand still if only for a moment. My two oldest grand sons, twins, they have just turned 16, YIKES!!!!!

It seems only yesterday that I watched them enjoying them pick flowers from GiGi's garden. I always allowed them to do that because those were some of my own most precious memories, picking flowers in my grandmothers garden. Such special memories and I hope these little guys remember them as well.
The snapdragons were as tall as they were and they were so very sweet.
And through the years they have given us so much joy. Just the other day as we were celebrating their 16th birthday with a family birthday dinner, one of them said to me, "GiGi, do you remember when Grand Dad used to have those talks with us on the bottom of the stairs?" Grand Dad probably started that when they were two years old and I was shocked and amazed that they remembered that. He dispensed with it when he thought they had gotten too old for it but yet I truly think they really enjoyed those talks at the bottom of the stairs and they should resume. They must have solved the problems of the world during those talks but little did Grand Dad know just how much they paid attention???? They should resume, me thinks.
Here they are at 16 years old, oh my how they have changed but I am reminded that time does indeed go by sooooooooooo quickly. They are in high school now and we are so very proud of BOTH of them. Hopefully, they will move on to college wherever that takes them but I'm not wanting to move that along too quickly. We will be content enjoying each and every special moment in their lives. They are our first grand kidlets and they are so very special to both of us.
A photo with their mom and dad, they can be very successful young men. They are equipped with capabilities to do just that. We are indeed proud grand parents.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your grandsons! Time does go by quickly and we got to grab every moment that we can-

    ReplyDelete