Thursday, December 29, 2016

Sharing Post Christmas Vignettes

It's been a while since I last posted on my blog, the hustle and bustle of Christmas got in the way, of course. I thought with this post I would share some of my Christmas decorating vignettes since I didn't during the Christmas season. I will soon be taking everything down since I've had it up for a month with the exception of the Nativity. That will stay up until after The Epiphany.  I am anxious to begin the New Year with my home back in order.

Starting in the foyer, I usually like a little bit of a quirky look (for me that is) with the glitzy trees and my funky little Santa. Welllllll, it speaks "fun" to me. The Santa is part of a much larger collection as you will see.
 
Now into the dining room. I did have one small dinner party during the holidays and it was a wonderful evening with good friends.
 
Therapy to me is putting a fresh flower arrangement together when having a dinner party. Arranging flowers is one of my passions and this arrangement lasted through Christmas. I had arranged these flowers the Monday before.
 
 
 
Using my Spode Christmas Tree china, Vietri salad bowls, Waterford crystal and hotel silver.
 
And on the buffet my Dickens Byer Choice Carolers with Tiny Tim carried by his father. Scrooge is standing behind another caroler but he is singing and loaded with presents.
 

 Moving on into the kitchen.

My French Pastry table with Christmas décor.
A very old Fitz & Floyd Santa cookie jar sitting at the end of my island and I did fill it with cookies for my husband, he was delighted.

 
Joining me at the kitchen sink is a Santa tea pot. This is a reminder of a trip to Callaway Gardens in GA several years ago when I took a trip with girl friends to enjoy the light display, magnificent. I bought this tea pot while on the trip and it is a reminder of a fun long weekend.

Proceeding to the living room, there are many more of my Santa collection.
 
The Byers Choice Carolers and this is some of the Nutcracker series complete with Clara and her little brother.


 
The mantle with most of my Santa collection.
 
 

Decorating our bar, another of the Santa collection and this funky little tree.
 
 
 
We always place our Christmas Tree in our family room in the bay window.
 
A tree filled with tree ornaments collected over many years. Most with my children's names on them who are grown with families of their own and now one placed on the tree each year for each grand child, we have seven. Some have worn so that I don't even place them on the tree but even so each and every one are special.
 
 
 
 
Even my little Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Miss Scarlet enjoyed taking a nap under the Christmas Tree.

 
My most treasured Christmas vignette is of course, our Nativity. My grandmother owned a ceramic shop and hand painted this Nativity for my mother so many years ago. When my mother passed my Dad gave it to me. When my mother first received this Nativity, she was putting it up one year and was so perplexed about how she could hang the angel to look as if she were hanging from above, suspended. We were visiting for Christmas that year and my husband figured out a way to do just that. So there are many memories for me with this Nativity and it IS the true meaning of Christmas.
 
 
 
Of course, I always say, "Back door guests are BEST!!!!!"
 
Santa sits here by the tree with Mrs. Claus after a long winter's night. The ceramic tree I made myself so many years ago, probably about 47 years ago. It is one of my grands favorite and they see it each time they come in the back door during the holidays.
 
I hope you enjoyed my home tour of Christmas decorations. I don't do a lot of decorating but try to keep it under control. I hope each of you have a Safe and Happy New Year.


 
I am sharing this post at Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm hosted by Michael Lee. To see other posts shared you can click HERE.


1 comment:

  1. Your home is lovely and your collection of Christmas decorations is wonderful. Loved the carolers and the Nativity set. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete