Saturday, June 4, 2016

Rose' Sangria

In our area of the world it has become HOT, HOT,HOT. An afternoon refreshing and fruity Sangria is a welcome sight.
I have made this recipe numerous times changing it up from time to time and I now think I have come up with the perfect Sangria recipe. My daughter tells me she has never had a better one, I made it for her recently when we had her birthday celebration. It is light, fruity, and absolutely delicious. I mix all the ingredients early in the day so it can steep in the refrigerator for several hours. After a good long work out in the garden this is delightful.
The most important thing to a good Sangria is a really good wine. I prefer a French Rose' and one that is not too dry or too sweet but a very well balanced Rose'. I'm not trying to sell any particular wine but I do happen to like this one. I learned something new a couple of weeks ago about buying a Rose', below where the wine is stored there is a marker saying on a scale from one to ten, one being the driest and ten being the sweetest. I never even noticed it before and I thought it to be so very helpful because I don't like an overly dry wine or one that is too sweet. At least they do where I buy my wine. Psssssst, ABC.

"My Favorite Summer Rose' Sangria"

2-750 ml bottles of a good Rose' wine
1 cup Pom's pomegranate juice
2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup superfine sugar
6 tablespoons Grand Marnier
2 tablespoons Cognac
1 navel orange, sliced thinly
1 lemon, sliced thinly
4-5 strawberries, sliced

Combine the Rose', pomegranate juice, lemon juice, sugar, Grand Marnier, and Cognac in a large glass pitcher. Add the sliced orange, lemon and strawberries and mix well. Refrigerate covered with plastic wrap for several hours or overnight.

To serve place ice in your prettiest wine glass, pour your Sangria in the glass and add in a piece of fruit and I promise you, you will get lots of compliments.

This will serve six people but it keeps for a couple of days.
-----------------------------------------------------------
This is soooooooooo delicious and pretty too. Try it, I promise you will come to really enjoy it. Ooooops, it doesn't last long at my house especially if my grown kidlets happen to stop in.


Thank you for visiting my blog and I do enjoy all your comments. I hope each of you have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds absolutely delicious. The pomegranate juice is a new addition for me, but I think it would take the sangria to a new level!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather has quickly went to hot, hot, hot. A good sangria makes for a wonderful patio drink. Love it!
    Hope you are doing well.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete