Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Summer Family Dinner

My almost grown up grandsons who are almost always too busy for their grand parents these days, graced me with their presence not too long ago. Actually all I have to do is put on a big pot of Marinara Sauce with Meatballs and Italian Sausage and they are more than happy to accommodate me, after all they are growing boys. Our summers are very hot but not too hot to make them their favorite dinner.
With an Italian dinner on the stove I went about setting my table with my Italian dinner ware. This is a favorite pattern of mine as is Italian food.
The watercolor portrait hanging on the wall behind the buffet is a portrait of the twins when they were so very little. They are now 6 feet tall, 14 years old (where does the time go?) and in high school.
 


The pattern is Contrada by Vietri and I have had it for a long time but would love to add some pieces. Unfortunately it has been discontinued and I can't find this pattern anywhere. Until I do find it I will enjoy what I already have.
The placemats are a great color with this dinnerware and the best part, they are vinyl. Easy clean up especially when you are serving sometimes messy boys.

My silverware is my hotel silver. What I love most about this pattern is that every piece is different lending itself to a casual setting.

A good time was had by all and our twin grand boys were reminded that they needed to make time for their grand parents. They are high school age so I suppose it can be over looked.

I am sharing this post at "Between Naps on the Porch" for "Tablescape Thursday". To see other interesting table settings just click "HERE".

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    Je suis très heureuse de découvrir l'intimité de votre intérieur... Vos photos sont magnifiques. On pourrait presque entendre les sons et les rires des bons moments passés autour de votre table. Vos petits-enfants doivent se réjouir et se régaler de votre bonne cuisine italienne.

    Gros bisous ☼

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely, lovely table...that china is gorgeous. I also love your silver and the muted colors of the table. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete