Sunday, May 17, 2015

A New Twist on my Summer Mantle

During the summer months I have enjoyed using more blue and white in my decorating and of course my mantle is changed seasonally. Blue and white is a cooler color so adding more in the scheme of things seems appropriate.

This was last years summer mantle.
 
This year I found these pheasants that I absolutely fell in love with. I thought  they were gorgeous but after seeing them for the first time chose not to buy them. They were a little on the pricey side and I had to ask myself, "Do I really need these?" However, I found that I could not get them out of my head.  My car just steered itself to the local shop where I had seen them and they had been sold. Oh was I ever disappointed. However, I was told they could order them for me, YAH. I have lots of birds all over my home, porcelain ones, silver ones and other different mediums. You get the picture, I have this fondness for birds definitely. These are tin with a stressed antique look and I thought they were stunning and fit in my decorating beautifully.
 
 

I will be using these birds year round with different seasonal elements.
 
My summer mantle and I am loving these birds. Share with me what you think of my birds. I am sharing this post at a blogging party, Amaze Me Monday. Click HERE to view others participating. I'm also sharing my post with Karen at Something To Talk About, click HERE.
 
 
 
Have a great day!
 
Carolyn
 

7 comments:

  1. Carolyn, the birds are lovely. Your summer mantle is lovely too.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice, Carolyn. I'm always at a loss as to how to decorate my mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice Carolyn! I would love for you to stop by my blog and join our Something to Talk About link party!
    Have a great week!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them! Thanks so much for joining the party!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn, I love your birds too! They are such a great decorative addition, and add fun. Beautiful with all your Blue & White. Thanks for sharing your mantel, I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love blue and white, the birds add a nice touch!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete