Tuesday, December 30, 2014

O Tannenbaum

Christmas is behind us and we are now looking forward to celebrating the New Year. Before I begin to take down my Christmas decorations I wanted to share some of them with you since I had not posted on my blog this month at all. I didn't do my usual all over the house decorating since I have been ill for several weeks. Some bug that everyone in our county seems to have but mine just wanted to linger on and on and on.

Anyway, I am now feeling better and am anxious to share a few of my Christmas pics. I suppose I should begin with our Christmas tree. As a child we always had colored lights on our tree and my husband did as well. I have threatened to do all white lights but I got a lot of negative comments and more importantly, our grand's just LOVE the old fashioned colored lights so we have always stayed with the old fashioned colored lights. Not really very cost effective but it makes my family happy.

 
This was taken Christmas morning and yes, we had two carriages with baby dolls. Actually there were three but the third one was for our youngest grand daughter and her baby doll was sitting on a Rocking Bunny with her name engraved on it. I dearly LOVE to give baby dolls to my grand girls.
 
 
 
 
 
Over the past 45 years we have collected many Christmas Tree ornaments, some of which we don't ever put on our tree anymore since we have been getting smaller trees. Instead we place our most treasured ornaments. This one, of course, is THE most special, a reminder of why we celebrate this birthday. It is an Italian piece and my most treasured ornament. I also have a long nail hanging on our tree to let us know how this magnificent story ended and continues.
 
So many of our ornaments were gifts from special friends such as the two below and when I take them out I am always reminded of the friend from which they came.
 
 
 
I have placed an ornament on our tree for each new grand child too.
 
 
 


Our twin grandsons but now they are almost 6 feet tall. My oh my where does the time go?


This one was added last year for our youngest, Baby Turner

 
I didn't take individuals of each one, there are seven now, but each time I added one for their first Christmas I bought the same ornament for their tree at home. For my daughters girls I have started them a collection of Christopher Radko ornaments.
 
There are always those special ornaments that are dear to your heart for some reason.
 
 
 
 
 
I have a dear niece who is a lobbyist in DC and every year for as long as I can remember she has been sending us "this years" White House ornament. Unfortunately they are scattered all around the tree and don't do them justice but I saw recently at a Christmas Tour of Homes where someone had taken all of their White House ornaments and placed them on a wreath. It showed them at their best spectacularly and next year that is exactly what I will be doing.
 
 

 
There is one on the left in this picture. We cherish all of those White House ornaments.

 
A Santa with a burgundy coat trimmed in fur tops our tree and he is a jolly looking fellow. This was one of my first Santa's that began my collection of Santa's that I will share tomorrow.
 
 
Thank you for stopping by and I do hope you will come again soon.

 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing all of your beautiful ornaments! They are truly unique! And how special to receive an ornament from the White House. I have always bought an ornament each your for my kids. I gave my son his when he bought his first house. Now I need to start buying for my grandson. Love the baby carriages!

    ReplyDelete