Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Time for Tea

I am not one who has a ritual as the English do to take tea every afternoon at 3:00 or 3:30 but on a particularly busy day it seems to be a wonderful way to relax and just let lifes worries go by the wayside. I enjoy it most with some of my favorite reading material.




My most favorite magazines, English Home, Veranda, Home and Antique and of course, Victoria. I get so much inspiration from each of these publications.


For health reasons I can no longer drink anything with caffeine and even the non caffeine teas do in fact have some caffeine. I have moved on to just herbal teas and this one is a mint infusion, absolutely delicious. Those sweet little napkins, I was gifted by a dear friend who also inspired by new obsession with blue and white.

 
 
I always had a few drops of a little lemon and a slice in my cup but also use demera sugar to add a bit of sweetness. The demera sugar has a slight hint of nuttiness as well. My cup and saucer, made by an American potter, handmade by Frances Palmer. It is not a fine bone china but it feels so good when holding it in your hand and I love the fact that she is an artist from our own country. I do have many other of her pieces.
 
 



Sitting in a most comfortable place and enjoying catching up on some reading was such a good thing. In this room just outside my bay window I have a bird feeder too so at the same time I can enjoy the antics of my feathered friends while taking tea. As you can see by my stack in my basket I have a lot of reading to catch up on.

 
 
I enjoyed taking this time out of my day to enjoy the loviliness of tea and it may very well become a new ritual. Inspired, of course, by my dear friend who gifted me with those lovely blue and white napkins. It is her ritual to have her tea every afternoon around 3ish. It truly is a "Good Thing".
 
 
I hope each of you enjoy your week ahead.
 
I am linking this post to Sandi's Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage.
 



15 comments:

  1. This looks like a wonderfully relaxing afternoon! Tea and magazines... my idea of a great, relaxing time! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could share tea with you! Lovely setting and I, too, like that Demara sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place to sit and read and enjoy a cup of tea. It is relaxing, isn't it? I enjoyed your post, Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely spot to enjoy your tea and to read your favorite magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks very welcoming and cozy where you have your tea. I like your silver spoon-rest. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your spot to relax with tea and a magazine looks very comfortable. The more often you have your tea at 3 in the afternoon, the more you'll look forward to it every day at this time. :-)
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely way to past the time and relax with tea and your magazines. It all looks so cozy and welcoming! Happy week to you!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love having tea in the afternoon - especially in the winter. My daughter really likes an herbal tea by Tazo called Zen. I agree - it's so relaxing to sit and enjoy a cup with a magazine, or in my case, a cookbook :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello and welcome to tea time! You have a lovely spot to relax and sip on tea and peruse the magazines. Love your chairs!
    I always enjoy a cup of tea in the afternoon and I miss it when I don't.
    Your bread pudding in your previous post looks delicious, by the way. I have made bread pudding before but never with the burbon sauce. I'm glad your hubby enjoyed it!
    Thank you for joining me for tea today and have a wonderful week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely calm afternoon. I love herbal teas. There are so many wonderful flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is nothing better than favorite magazines or a good book and a cup of tea! The perfect way to spend a calm afternoon. Lovely spot to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you have the absolute perfect idea of taking tea.

    I wish you every bit of good health as you enjoy your ritual.

    The gift of those lovely napkins was very thoughtful- I hope you two can soon have tea together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your tea time spot! My grandmother said tea tastes the best when you drink it out of your favorite tea cup! And she always had it set on a tray with her linen napkins, lemons slice and a cube of sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tea in the afternoon is something we have when we're home. It's a good way to stop or slow down, especially when one isn't working outside the house. I think there's a temptation, when one is home, to keep going with the pauses that occur in a workplace. A cup of tea, a slice of tea cake or a scone, and moment watching the birds - it's my idea of bliss.

    ReplyDelete