Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tis The Season

I have been very slow to decorate my home for Christmas but was able to get my Beyer's Choice carolers set up today. This collection is my Dickens carolers and this is the first time I have set them up in my dining room. I think the grands will enjoy them when we have everyone over and together for Christmas dinner.

 
These carollers always put a smile on my face and are just fun to enjoy. This is only one of several collections of Beyer's Choice carollers but this is the only group I will set up this year. I have been trying to scale way back on some of my Christmas decorating. I am focusing on my most treasured decorations and concentrating on the main living areas instead of all over the house. My new thinking, "less is better".
 
 
 
And in the back who has decided to join us but none other than Scrooge himself and I think that may be Tiny Tim on his father's back.
 
 
 
 
Carolling in the faux snow.
 
 
They always look so happy and joyful.
 
 
 
In the evening I turn on the black lantern, it flickers like a gas lantern would during the time of Dickens.
 
 
As the week progresses I will continue to get our home decorated for Christmas focusing on using more fresh greenery, some purchased and some cut from my own garden.
 
I am linking this  post to Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Through Life.
 
Enjoy the remainder of the week.
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Cute carolers. I know a lady who had an extensive collection of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They put a smile on my face, too. Beautiful collection. xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn -- I adore those carolers and they are perfect in your dining room. I, like you, have "downsized" my decorating the last few years -- a few cherished items, LOTS of fresh greens. makes us think more of what Christmas is truly about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful collection! Your dining room is gorgeous! I'm a happy new follower; and I invite you to follow me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really enjoying seeing your Byers' Choice carolers. I love them and collected them for a few years, and this is the first Christmas I haven't displayed them. They always make me smile too.I did a couple of posts last Christmas using them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what sweet little carolers! They are just so sweet.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! I really love that beautiful red color on your dining room walls.

    ReplyDelete