Thursday, October 13, 2011

Creamy Pasta Salad

A couple of weeks ago I went to my first Garden Circle meeting of our new year. This meeting is always one that everyone brings a salad of some kind since most of us had not seen each other over the summer. We like to linger for a while and enjoy some wonderful recipes. It is always fun trying a little of this and a little of that and as you can see we had quite a wonderful selection.


 I had recently seen on one of my favorite blogs a  recipe for Creamy Pasta Salad. It was Susan at Savoring Time in the Kitchen who had shared this recipe. It was quick, easy and everyone at our gathering seemed to like this pasta salad.

Creamy Pasta Salad


8 ounces dry pasta (I use bows - Farfalle)
1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
6 ounce sliced black olives, drained
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup thinly sliced green peppers
1 cup seeded and quartered cherry tomatoes
½ cup sliced radishes
1 16-ounce jar good produce-section reduced fat Ranch Dressing
1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Cook and drain pasta according to directions on package. Cool under cold running water. Mix with the rest of the salad ingredients and chill.

My Notes: I put this together the night before and saved out some of the dressing to add just before serving.


It was a great combination of flavors with lots of fresh ingredients. Susan had mentioned on her blog that she had used Maria's light Ranch dressing but I had just come across a Creamy Ranch dressing made by Stonewall Kitchen and used it instead. It was a delicious dressing, not over powering and was a perfect substitute. I am always looking for new ideas for a cold pasta salad and this I really thought was excellent. The sliced radishes and red pepper flakes gave it a little kick. Thank you Susan for sharing this recipe.
Now on a different note I have a few new pictures of my newest grand baby to share. She is now three months old and just the light of my life.

I am linking this post to Foodie Friday.

15 comments:

  1. I am enjoying reading your blog so much. Your Grand Baby is darling. We have a new Grandson who is seven months old. I saw that Lindaraxa featured your pork chop recipe yesterday. I am curious about where you are located in N. Florida. We will be heading to our place in Palm Coast at the end of the month. Hate leaving Lake Lure, but enjoy the warmer Winters in Florida. Will be following your blog. I think we have much in common.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like fun, i have a group and we do a Birthday party once a month, for all the Birthdays that month. We all enjoy it. I will have to post when I host. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. love your Beagle ,so does Sissy Dog my Beagle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness gracious, she is adorable! Thank you for sharing such sweet pictures of her, just too sweet and that smile is precious.! I've got your recipe printing right now! Thanks for sharing!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you liked the pasta salad! What an adorable grandbabe you have. Love that big smile in the last shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, Carolyn -- she is just precious!!!! She's adorable!

    Love the pasta salad too and I like the idea of the first meeting be a salad supper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Susan's recipes, too! Thanks for the recommendation on the Stonewall dressing. I'm always looking for an excellent ranch dressing. Your grandbaby is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Carolyn -- that baby! She is gorgeous!!!! I am SO jealous; no grandbabies yet for me. sigh ....

    The salad looks scrumptious. I love salads loaded with deliciousness like that one. Love the bowl, too!

    P.S. My Dion says "Hello Cutie!" to Miss Scarlet.
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your grandbaby is beautiful!

    The salad looks wonderful. I will definitely save this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww...the grandbaby is sooo adorable! The pasta salad looks delicious! Thanks for leaving a comment at my blog. I lived in North Florida (Tallahassee) for 14 years, returning home to Oregon eight years ago. Small world you stopped by my little space on the internet.

    Sliced radishes sound great in a cold pasta salad, something I've not tried, but definitely will someday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Carolyn!! Your salad looks wonderful (as do all your recipes;) and I bet it was a big hit.

    What a doll-baby she is!!! So happy for you and what a lucky little girl to have YOU for a grandmother!!

    happy weekend!
    xoj.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a little petunia - she's gorgeous!
    I remember that pasta salad - it sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pasta salad Carolyn, thanks. And your little granddaughter is a cutie patootie too ~
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new grandchild is absolutely beautiful. I hear have grandchildren is like falling in love all over again. Congratulations to you.

    The creamy pasta salad, no doubt was a hit. I am tabbing this recipe too, for the future.

    Have a great week.
    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  15. Appears, I made a typo.... I meant to say "having" not "have"

    ReplyDelete