Monday, September 19, 2011

My Favorite Fall Dessert

It is Fall even here in North Florida since we are enjoying cooler temperatures in the morning and late evening, almost dusk. We are still experiencing some pretty high temperatures in the 90's in the middle of the day but I do enjoy these cool mornings and evenings.

When it's Fall my head wants something delicious using pumpkin and my favorite are these Pumpkin Bars. They are sooooooooo yummy. You can't eat just one.

Pumpkin Bars



2 cups sugar
1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temp.
2 cups canned pumpkin (1 15-oz can)
4 eggs, room temp.
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. each of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, ground cloves
1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 15 X 10 1/2 X 1 pan.

Sift flour, baking soda, spices, and salt together; set aside. Cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add pumpkin and eggs; beat until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Spread mixture into pan. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely and frost.

Frosting
3 oz. cream cheese, room temp.
1 stick butter, room temp.
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar

Beat together until smooth. Frost the cooled pumpkin bars and then cut them into squares.


I always cut them in half, length wise and width wise. then cut them into fourths and go from there to get more even sized bars.

They are a very moist cake like bar and the pumpkin with the spices, wellllllllllllll, they are delicious. It goes together so qucikly but it does make a lot of bars. 
I hope you will try this recipe and come to love them as much as I do. I made these a couple of weeks ago to take to a Garden Center function in our little town but saved out a couple for my husband and myself. I'm thinking I need to make them again soon.

Enjoy and have a wonderful day.


1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking I'd better pick up a tin or two of pumpkin tomorrow! These look delicious.

    ReplyDelete