Thursday, April 20, 2017

Easter Table setting

Before we get to far past Easter I wanted to share our Easter table. We enjoyed a fun day with the whole family, three grown kids, their spouses and seven grands. The younger children enjoyed several egg hunts in the garden while the older ones enjoyed playing basketball in the driveway and ping pong in the carport. Thankfully we had excellent weather, it got a little warm but it was pleasant.
Since my dining room is painted a cherry red I always have to consider that when planning the tablesetting. I don't like it to get too fussy so this year I stayed with my white dishes, a flower arrangement with shades of white and, of course, white bunny's. The bunny's I thought to be adorable and a great "find", 40% off at Hobby Lobby.
 
I put this flower arrangement together the Thursday before Easter and they held up very well for Easter. I bought the flowers at Costco for the first time and I found their flowers to be very fresh. I will buy their flowers again for other occasions.
 
The only other color added was shades of reds in the tablecloth with some green and touches of lavender.
The white on white salad plates were a purchase long ago at Pottery Barn and the hotel silver flatware is from Horchow. I love the fact that each piece are different.
Another Pottery Barn find years ago were these little running rabbit napkin rings. They add a little fun and whimsy to the table.

I only have eight of the running rabbit napkin rings so I filled in with a couple of my sterling silver napkin rings from my collection of sterling napkin rings. The stemware is Waterford and I like mixing casual dinnerware with more formal pieces, what I like to refer to as casual elegance.
 
 
These salt cellars and I have two of them, one for each end of the table. They are antique sterling silver with the cobalt blue glass, and French.  Bought from a favorite antique dealer long ago and I love using them.
 
I felt it was simple but yet an elegant table.
 
The sideboard was where I had placed our dessert. There is a story about this dessert. I traditionally make an unusual dessert every year and a family favorite, Cointreau Cake. When I did my grocery shopping last week I realized that I was running short of time. It was a busy week and while at Costco they were doing samples of this dessert. I tried it and it was amazingly delicious. Everyone who had sampled this cake was flocking to get one.
A simple white cake covered in whipped cream and topped with different berries. It was decadent and I thought very elegant.
It was sooooooo good and it certainly saved some time for me. The family was crazy about it. However, my daughter made me promise I would make the Cointreau Cake for her birthday coming up in June. Not a problem.
Our family enjoyed another happy and blessed Easter Sunday. I hope each of you did as well.

I am sharing this post at Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. To see other interesting Tablescapes shared just click HERE. Will also join Foodie Friday hosted by Michael Lee.

Have a wonderful weekend, Carolyn






3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty table - and your dessert looks scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessed is the family who gets to share Easter lunch at your beautiful and charming table. Thanks for inviting us for a peek. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn, I have enjoyed catching up with you. It has been a while. Love your Easter table and the recipes in some of your recent posts.

    ReplyDelete