Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Fall Luncheon


 My favorite time of year is Fall with all it's bright bold colors so since I was hosting a luncheon I had set my table with that in mind. Most of our luncheons tend to be a little more casual but I wanted to do my table a little more of what I call casual/elegance. Besides that the only table I can seat very many people is in my dining room but it works for us. Although I could have seated everyone on our screened porch, I used the screened porch to serve liquid refreshments as we were gathering.
 

I did open up the French doors and served Sangria and wine on the screened porch. It allows for a nice flow with a garden view. It was such a beautiful day that I was able to keep the French doors and windows open to enjoy the fresh Autumn air.


As we were gathering and getting our liquid refreshment we also took a little walk outside to my garden which opens up from the screened porch. My garden is my passion and therapy and I was so glad that my guests wanted to take a look see.
 
 A couple of typical plants blooming in the garden this time of year in N FL are the red Cardinal Guard and to the right of that this Salvia. Both plants hummingbirds are attracted to and in the evening these two plants attract hundreds of hummers. I took down my hummingbird feeders since I don't need them when these two plants are blooming.
 
For my table setting I kept it relatively simple using my everyday white Vilroy & Boch pattern, William Sonoma's Botanical Pumpkin salad plates, hotel silver flatware, and Spode Woodlands stemware.
 
 
 
 I most often like to do a fresh flower arrangement since I love putting together flower arrangements but in the Fall my antique dough bowl comes out to sit on my dining room table and I fill it with pumpkins and gourds. It usually stays there until after Thanksgiving.
 Since I am a collector of antique sterling silver napkin rings, those had to be placed on the table as well.
 These are just a few of my collection but I tend to gravitate to more ornate napkin rings. However, I have collected a few that are more masculine to be set for a male guest.
 I collect French ones, English and a couple of American.
 
 This one is from Czarist Russia with it's red enameling and seed pearls all the way around. This is also sterling silver with a gold overlay. This is my husbands favorite so it is always placed where he will be sitting and it's one of my favorites as well which is why I used it.
 The rattan chargers, pumpkin S&P, Jacquard tablecloth, and the WS salad bowl all added to this Autumn table.
Above each place setting I had a little take home gift for each guest. I had made some homemade vanilla and my most favorite way of making it is with cognac. I have tried making it with vodka, dark rum but I love the flavor the cognac gives. I think my guests liked their little gift especially with the holidays approaching. 
 
An enjoyable Autumn luncheon with friends.
 
I will be linking this post to Tablescape Thursdays hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. You can click HERE to see other inspirational tablescapes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment