Tuesday, April 26, 2016

A Fabulous New Book

Recently I saw on a blog I follow information about a new book, "Patina Farm". The blog I follow is also an excellent read just so you know, For the Love of a House. I immediately tried to find this book at local book stores since I already have the authors first book, "Patina Style" and I knew the new book would be as equally well done.

Brooke Giannetti is a shop owner, writer of a design blog, Velvet and Linen and an interior decorator. Her husband Steve Giannetti is an architect and co-author of this book. The two of them left their home in Santa Monica to build their dream home in Ojai, CA. The result is an amazing relaxed elegance of their modern European-inspired Patina Farm.

 
I found Patina Farm to be an amazing inspiration. It just isn't a simple how to decorating book but so much more. I was taken back with so many garden elements utilized in their home. Actually, after thumbing through for the first time I wanted to find more garden elements to use inside my own home.
I was so anxious to incorporate more garden elements in my own decorating that I bought this little concrete piece to sit a candle on finessing with a little moss underneath the candle. Now, I am not one to have a neutral color scheme in my home. I use lots of color because that's what makes me happy but what I took from this book is how important simple garden elements can impact the interior decorating of a home. I will be on the look out for more garden elements to incorporate in my home and garden. Where I found this little piece (candle holder) is a local shop, Purple Martin Outpost and they carry many concrete architectural elements, old garden gates and also have a charming gift shop. I told them about the Giannetti's book and told them it would fit right in at their shop.
 


I have a tremendous appreciation for those who find JOY in neutral interior design color schemes but it just isn't me but this book has so much more. The garden areas are amazing and I am a gardener. Brooke recently posted on instagram a photo of her Eden climbing rose. I now have that same rose in my cart at White Flower Farm since I have been unable to find it in my own area. I live in zone 8 and I have to believe that if it grows well in CA then it should do well in our area. I have been soooooooo inspired by Brooke's blog, her instagram photos and her books.

I am a lover of antiques as well and this book mixes antiques with a somewhat contemporary design element that is absolutely lovely. I believe anyone buying this book can take away many elements that can be incorporated into their own style. Another appeal of this book is the beautiful detailed photos. It is as Joan has written, For the Love of a House, pure "magic" and it truly is that and more.
 
Take a look at this book, it is a "keeper" and thank you to the Giannetti's for sharing their beautiful home, it is absolutely fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment