Friday, October 9, 2015

Apple Cake with a Caramel Drizzle

My favorite season is of course, Fall. When we begin to have cooler mornings my mind turns to making some of those comforting foods most associated with Fall. To be sure an Apple Cake is tops on my list and I just happened to come across an excellent recipe.

My inspiration was a recent purchase of this Fallish Bundt pan. Another blogging friend showed me this picture and I knew immediately I HAD to have this pan. Like my friend I have a fetish for unique baking pans. It just screams Fall don't you think?

 
It was perfect for my Apple Cake. I was a little unsure, I was afraid it would rise too much but I made a good decision in using this pan. It turned out perfectly.
 
"Apple Cake with a Caramel drizzle"
 
1 cup cooking oil
2 cups sugar
3 eggs, well beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans
3 cups peeled apples, chopped
 
Cream well the oil, sugar and eggs. Add vanilla. Sift dry ingredients together including the cinnamon and nutmeg and blend into creamed mixture. Fold in the pecans and apples. Pour into a well greased Bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and cool. Pour the Caramel Drizzle over the cooled cake.
 
"Caramel Drizzle"
 
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
 
Bring the first 3 ingredients to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat immediately and stir in vanilla. Beat with a spoon until the icing is cool. Pour over cake.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
An easy and simple cake but so worth it. This cake batter will be very thick but spoon it into the pan by spoonful's.
I always use a good pan spray made especially for baking. I don't take any chances with my cake coming out in pieces especially when using an intricately designed baking pan such as the one I used.
 
The cake came out beautifully.
 
Now who could resist this and just so you know, it was absolutely delicious. An excellent addition to my Fall recipe file.
 

I am sharing my post at Michael Lee's blogging party, Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm. To access other wonderful recipes shared just click HERE.


Enjoy your weekend, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment