Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Limelight Hydrangeas

In most of the warmer climates around the country we're seeing our hydrangeas  putting on a summer show. I have many hydrangeas planted in my garden and I have some favorites. My favorite blooms to bring indoors to enjoy are Limelight Hydrangeas.

About two years ago I had an area in my garden that I needed to do some replanting. I chose to plant Limelight hydrangeas. These look very much like an Oak Leaf Hydrangea with it's pointed blooms but the Limelight's are a longer lasting bloom opening up a chartreuse green and the longer it remains on the bush it will turn white. Both work magnificently in an arrangement or just several in a vase of water. And, of course, the color goes in any room of my house.


They just cover themselves in blooms. I have three planted directly behind my house mixed in with some Heirloom Roses, antique daylilies and various other plant material. Limelights will provide me with several months of blooms to bring inside.
 
 
 
 
If your area is zoned for Limelight Hydrangeas I would suggest that you plant some in your garden. They will bring you a great deal of pleasure.
 
 
 
It's been a while since I have participated at this blogging party but today I am sharing this post at Outdoor Wednesday. To view other inspiring posts click HERE.
 

 

3 comments:

  1. I want some! How wonderful it would be to have these for the picking all summer long. I have oak leaf hydrangea growing in my garden, so I'm going to investigate if these will grow here as well. My oak leaf are in filtered light. What conditions do you have for the lime light?
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They always remind me of my Grandmother who had a large collection

    mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hydrangeas are becoming my favorite summer flower. It used to be roses. Love, love, love your post.
    JM-IL

    ReplyDelete