Sunday, August 21, 2011

Reprise~Field of Sunflowers

Today I am joining Chari at Happy to Design for Sunday Favorites. This was a post I did two years ago. We have not planted our field of sunflowers since because at our farm in N GA we rely mainly on the rain and in our area for the past two years we have had some extremely dry weather. Another reason I am reposting this particular post is because it reminds me of a very dear friend whom we lost a couple of weeks ago. She was a blogging friend and we often would communicated with each other about our weekend retreats, our farms. She had one in Tennessee and had hoped to retire there one day. Her name was Becky and her blog was Random Musings of a Decolady.
I miss our chats about what was going on during the year with our farm getaways. This is my first time I have joined this blogging party.



We have a farm which is a second home in South Georgia and it is a weekend getaway. Last year we purchased the property at the end of our road and also the property directly across the dirt from us which allowed us to shut off the dead end road and put up a gate. After which we had this property cleared and my husband promised me a field of sunflowers which is what I want to share with you today.

Last week we went up to the farm to see how our sunflowers were coming along.




We found a few blooms but also had lots and lots of blooms coming along. We knew it would not be long.




We drove into our gate yesterday just for the afternoon and what an amazing site we saw. To the left of the gate, our field of sunflowers was in full bloom.



This is the view from the back of the field looking at our quaint little cabin. We have a rocking chair front porch with rocking chairs and a swing on it so we have an unbelievable view.





This is the view from the porch. This is the most relaxing site. The beauty of these sunflowers are absolutely incredible.












We were not the only ones enjoying the beauty of the sunflowers. As we drove up through the gate some turkey's with their babies were scurrying from the field. The field was also feeding lots of birds and the butterflies were enjoying them as well.





This coming weekend we will be taking a long weekend at our getaway farm to enjoy the splendor of our field of sunflowers because it won't last too long. Hopefully, I will get some photos of other wildlife enjoying our field.


I hope you have enjoyed my sunflower field as much as I have enjoyed sharing it.

Enjoy your day.

15 comments:

  1. Oh I wish someone would plant sunflowers in the field beside our house. Yours is lovely.
    It's so nice to meet you.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I absolutely love the last photograph with the butterfly! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Gosh, That is absolutely stunning. Your hunnybunny promised, and so he did. What a wonderful gift, for not only you but nature too. I would give anything to have one of those sunflowers. I would love to plant some seeds and see if I could grow them. Please stop by and say hi. I am having a manic Monday. Country Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I planted a bunch of sunflowers in our yard this year and we have enjoyed them thoroughly. Lots of birds a bugs have been around to see them, which has brought some extra pollination to my garden as well! Win, win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how pretty! I bought a bunch this weekend at the farmer's market. They add so much color to the room, so I would love to see what you see in person outside your windows!
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely slice of heaven that is. You lucky, lucky girl!!!
    ~Amy @ The Lemon Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it is absolutely fabulous. I LOVE it. What a thrill it would be to be able to look at that all day. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! How pretty. Bet the birds love them too.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful place! You are truly blessed to have such a gorgeous spot...and the sunflowers!!!They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful sunflowers -- a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful!! I have seen fields of sunflowers in Michigan, but I never "knew" someone with one!! lol!! What a gorgeous sight to sit and look out at everday! Your cabin sounds like a sweet little spot to relax and view the best nature has to offer!

    I can't wait to see more pictures. Happy Met Monday, a bit late!! :-)

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love a field of cheery sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is absolutely beautiful! They would make a wonderful painting.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Carolyn...

    So happy to meet you, dear lady! Welcome to the Sunday Favorites party...so happy to have you join in with the fun!

    Well my friend, your sunflowers are absolutely gorgeous!!! What a lovely view...to be able to sit on the porch of your weekend cabin...with a field of sunflowers as your view! Simply divine! There are a few farmers in our area (northeast Colorado) that grow sunflowers and I just love getting to see the fields when they are in full bloom! They really are such a happy and cheerful flower all dressed up in their bright yellows! I loved all of your photos! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely post with us for the party! I hope that you will join us again!

    I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend!

    Warmest summery wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete